The recent massive site upgrade enabled me to incorporate the old guestbook into the website. For visitors this offers considerable improvements.
- Privacy. Personal e-mail addresses are no longer displayed in public pages.
- Accessibility. All comments are indexed and have become searchable. With the internal search engine and through external services, too.
- Usability. It is easier to reply to a comment and both are displayed next to each other.
- Built-in spam protection. The process of posting comments is moderated. It's the only reliable way, unfortunately.
- Improved security. The guestbook no longer depends on a script dating from 1995 (first activated here April 2001), but on state of the art CMS-code.
You can find the brand new guestbook here and through the All In Your Favour menu.